Spain Golden Visa is a residence permit that allows foreign citizens to live, work and invest in Spain. It is a popular investment option for those seeking to relocate to a sun-drenched Mediterranean country with a low cost of living and some of the world's most beautiful cities.
Introduction to the Spain Golden Visa
Spain Golden Visa is an attractive investment option for those looking to obtain residency in Spain. It is a fast, straightforward and cost-effective process that allows foreign citizens to become permanent residents in Spain. What makes the Golden Visa even more appealing is that it can lead to Spanish citizenship after a period of residency.
The Golden Visa program was introduced in 2013 to stimulate investment in the country and to attract foreign entrepreneurs, investors and wealthy individuals. Since its introduction, the program has been a great success, with more than 15,000 golden visas being issued to date.
Benefits of the Spain Golden Visa
Spain Golden Visa offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- The right to live and work in Spain;
- The right to travel freely around the EU Schengen area;
- The right to open a business in Spain;
- The right to access quality healthcare, education and social security benefits;
- The right to purchase commercial and residential real estate with an annual return of up to 5%, and a return on initial investment in 5 years;
- The right to apply with the whole family;
- The right to apply for Spanish citizenship in 10 years.
The Golden Visa also offers various financial benefits, such as the ability to invest in property, stocks or bonds. This allows foreign citizens to diversify their investment portfolio and enjoy the potential returns of the Spanish economy without an obligation to reside there.
Eligibility Requirements for the Spain Golden Visa
To be eligible for the Golden Visa, applicants must meet a number of criteria, including:
- Being a non-EU citizen;
- Making a qualifying investment in Spain from EUR 500,000;
- Having sufficient funds to cover living expenses in Spain;
- Having a valid passport and travel documents;
- Having a clean criminal record;
- Having health insurance.
The qualifying investments for the Golden Visa include purchasing property, investing in Spanish bonds, creating jobs, and making an investment in a Spanish company. The amount of investment required varies depending on the type of investment made.
Investment Options for Obtaining a Golden Visa in Spain
From €500,000 for residential or commercial property, or a combination of options. A residence permit when buying property in Spain provides that the applicant buys property from his own funds, without attracting a mortgage. Property can be rented out.
2. Shares of companies
From €1,000,000 in shares of Spanish companies for a period of 5 years.
3. Bank deposits
From €1,000,000 deposit in a Spanish bank for 5 years.
4. Business projects in Spain
An investment in a Spanish business project that will create jobs and promote technological and/or scientific innovation or have a socio-economic impact.
5. Government bonds
From €2,000,000 for a period of 5 years.
How to Apply for Spain Golden Visa
The application process for the Spain Golden Visa is relatively straightforward.
- 1st step is to make a qualifying investment in Spain. Once the investment has been made, applicants will need to gather all the necessary documents such as a valid passport, proof of address, health insurance, and a criminal record check.
- 2nd step is to submit the application to the Spanish consulate in the applicant's home country. The application will then be reviewed by the consulate and, if approved, the applicant will be granted a residence permit.
- Finally, residence permit is granted, applicants must travel to Spain and apply for the Golden Visa in person. This involves submitting the necessary documents at the local police station and paying a fee. Once the application is processed, applicants are issued with a residence card which allows them to reside in Spain indefinitely.
Applicants can also apply for a Spanish Golden Visa from Spanish territory if they are in Spain and have a Spanish border crossing stamp.
Spain Citizenship by Naturalization
Spain Citizenship by Naturalization is a process whereby foreign citizens can apply for Spanish citizenship after a period of residence. Applicants must have lived in Spain for a minimum of 10 years and fulfill a number of other criteria, such as having a clean criminal record and a good understanding of the Spanish language.
Once applicants have met the criteria, they can apply for Spanish citizenship. This process involves submitting the necessary documents to the Spanish government and taking an oath. If the application is successful, applicants will be granted Spanish citizenship and be able to enjoy the same rights and privileges as Spanish citizens.
Tips for Living the Golden Life with Spain Golden Visa
The Spain Golden Visa is a great way to obtain residence in Spain and enjoy the country's many benefits. Here are some tips to help you make the most of your Golden Visa:
- Become familiar with the Spanish language;
- Make sure to apply for the Golden Visa in person;
- Research the best locations for your investment;
- Research the types of investments that qualify for the Golden Visa;
- Open a Spanish bank account;
- Connect with the local community and make new friends;
- Get to know the culture and customs of Spain;
- Explore the country and take advantage of its many attractions.
Popular locations for Spain Golden Visa by Investment in Real Estate
Spain is a large country with a wide range of locations to choose from. Popular locations for the Golden Visa include the vibrant cities of Madrid and Barcelona, the beautiful beaches of the Costa del Sol and the Balearic Islands, and the charming towns of Andalusia.
No matter what type of lifestyle you are looking for, there is sure to be a location in Spain that suits you. From bustling cities to sleepy towns, coastal resorts to mountain villages – Spain has something for everyone.
Each region of Spain is unique and distinctive in its own way. All this is manifested in the local culture, traditions, mentality and even the cuisine of different regions. But along with this, potential real estate buyers are interested in other factors such as the landscape and tourist infrastructure, the climate and distance from the coast, the average prices on real estate and the tourist attraction of the region. If the buyer intends to move to Spain, the remoteness of social infrastructure also plays a big role: polyclinics, large shopping centers, educational institutions, public transport stops and so on.
- The Canary Islands have been a favorite vacation spot for the rich people since the 1990s and were a respectable place at a time when nobody had heard of the Seychelles and the Maldives. The temperature never drops below 23 °C. That is why real estate is highly demanded here. The basic studio starts from EUR 35,000 - 40,000 in the central part of the island, far from the beaches and respectable districts. Those interested in the coastal area should be prepared to shell out at least EUR 100,000 for a studio, at least EUR 140,000 for 2-bedroom apartments, and EUR 300,000 for a townhouse or bungalow.
- Majorca, next to Tenerife, is one of the most favorite vacation spots of Europeans. Warm sea and the unique mountain landscape attract tourists almost all year round. There are also beautiful, picturesque beaches, landscapes, and lots of entertainment. Therefore, the average price is not lower than EUR 2,800 per m² of living space.
- Barcelona and Catalonia are probably the most interesting places in all of Spain. The unique local culture, wide sea beaches, warm climate and developed social infrastructure, all make Barcelona perhaps the best place to buy luxury real estate. Yes, the prices here are the highest in the country: finding housing cheaper than EUR 3,000 per m² is very lucky.
- Costa del Sol is the southern coast of Spain, the "sunny coast" and the place of daily dawns. The real estate prices are pleasantly surprising and start from EUR 2,000 per m².
- Costa Brava is the northern coast and one of the most attractive places to buy status fashionable real estate that are on average higher than in the whole of Catalonia, starting from EUR 3,200 per m².
Spain Golden Visa is an attractive investment option for those looking to obtain residence in Spain. It offers a wide range of benefits, including the right to live and work in Spain, access to quality healthcare, and the potential for Spanish citizenship.
If you consider applying for Spanish Golden Visa, make sure to get in touch with Golden Harbors to discuss your options. We can help you make the right investment and ensure your application runs smoothly. Contact us today to find out more.